By Conor O'Neill | June 13, 2007
After a few late nights we’re now ready to let you send reviews from Twitter to LouderVoice. We’re calling them LouderTweets and they are 140 character mini-reviews you can send using Web, SMS or IM via Twitter to LouderVoice.
An important point is that you don’t have to be a LouderVoice member to send LouderTweets but you should join if you want to rate, bookmark or build/share useful collections of reviews.
And how do you send LouderTweets as a Twitter user? It’s very simple:
- Add the Twitter “review” user as a friend here
- Wait until you get a confirmation that you have been added back as a friend
- Post reviews using this format on Twitter: @review RATING ITEM: REVIEW
- Example: @review 4 The Apprentice UK: A stonkingly good series that has thrown up plenty of surprises
- That format is very specific otherwise we won’t pick up the review. The Rating is in the range 1-5 and make sure you follow the ITEM with a Colon and a space
- Shortly afterwards that review can be found by searching on www.loudervoice.com (in an open community microformat called hreview)
You can see examples here:
As with all tweets, you can send your review tweet using whatever tool you like: web-page, Google GTalk, SMS, Tweetr etc
This is the first step in supporting LouderTweets and it is highly experimental. We’d love to hear you feedback on what you think.